Friday, January 9, 2009

Rest

This is a picture of just the littles, the bigs didn't come right away when I asked them to line up for a family picture, Melissa included (well, she kinda had an excuse. I forget to tell her).

Who's tired and tired of it? The it is anything that is weighing heavy on your heart or something that seems insurmountable. I do a bible study here at work on Friday mornings and today I used this verse for that very reason. Matthew 11:28-30 NIV "28 Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy and my bruden is light". First of all it is an invitation for the weary. Again, is that you? It is me, more times that I would like to count. If He's offering, what is your excuse for not at least trying Him? Next, this is more that just physical rest when we have overdone it running here and there or trying to keep up with 6 chindren all day(that's a good thing). This if rest for your souls, let me say it again, REST FOR YOUR SOULS. Chew on that before reading on. Jesus died on the cross and took the weight of all of our sins (even the ones we have not committed yet) on his shoulders and he still say's his burden is light. How can he say that you might ask? The answer is HE is God. Also read Phillipians 4:6 so that you can have peace in the rest.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the bible verse today honey. I needed to hear that very one!
Love ya!