Sunday, January 18, 2009

Better is one day

I was trying to figure out which Disney Princess she was and like clockwork and without me asking, Lona Rose came up beside me and said "I'm Ariel" (Know it all).

Hopefully the title of this post has you wondering what it means (and not thinking I have lost it. I have but that is or a another day). It comes from Psalm 84. This is one of my favorite chapters (I know you've heard that before). Which reminds me, I was talking to a friend at work about the Lord, and I was thinking of different scriptures as we were talking, and finally said"Why don't you just read the whole bible, because at this rate we will be here for a couple of days. Now back to Psalm 84 NASB. Please read it in it's entirety but especially pay attention to verses 6 & 10. Baca signifies dryness, or weeping as it is worded is the NIV. He will make your dry place (you fill in that blank) wet (will bring you out of it). Vs 10 says "For a day in your courts is better than a thousand outside. I would rather stand at the threshold of the house of my God than dwell in the tents of wickedness". Okay you might as well focus on verses 11 & 12 as well (read those on you own). I will point out that the second part of 11 says "No good thing does He withhold from those who walk uprightly". This will be a comfort to those who are going through a tough time or have strayed. We received some discomforting new regarding our Haiti adoption and we are turning to God's word for comfort. Please do the same.

No comments: