Monday, January 12, 2009

Morning Drive

As I was driving into work this morning, I looked up right before I pulled in to the parking lot and saw the sky and was awestruck at how awesome and beautiful it was while the sun was beginning to come up. I was also amazed that after driving that route every morning for the past 7 1/2 years I had never noticed that before. People ask me how I know how God is real? The most obvious answer is, look around. Romans 1:20 NIV "For since the creation of the world Gods invisible qualities - His eternal power and divine nature have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse". Also to get a glimpse of His awesome power read Psalm 19. I'll give you a taste, "The heavens are telling of the glory of God" Now you read the rest. Okay, here's another one, Psalm 24 "The earth is the Lords and all it contains." Again, read the whole chapter. All of these things went through my feeble brain before I walked into the front door. Then I had 3 meetings back to back to back, and my brain was hamburger. At least I had a smile on my face, from what the Lord allowed me to see this morning.
Oh yeah, the picture is from my last back packing trip to Mt Mitchell. It kind of fit with what I experienced this morning.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

He really does invite us to drink in his peace.
I love you man!
Melissa