Sunday, January 4, 2009

Everybody is looking at the camara and sort of smiling(and dressed). That happens about once every 50 takes. Usually as soon as we get home the church clothes start flying.

I want to put a Psalm on here that is most likely familiar to all who have ever picked up a bible or stepped into a church. Psalm 23 NASB 1The Lord is my Shepherd, I shall not want. 2 He makes me lie down in green pastures; He leads me beside quiet waters. 3 He restores my soul; he guides me in the paths of righteousness for His name's sake. 4 Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; Your rod and staff, they comfort me. 5 You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies; You have anointed my head with oil; my cup overflows. 6 Surely goodness and lovingkindness will follow me all of the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the Lord Forever". I just want to shout Hallelujah after writing this. Like John 3:16(but that is for another post) it is no accident that most people are familiar with this Psalm. They are so to the point and simple (for a simple mind like mine). The first few verses says we can rest under the hand of our shepherd. So much so that when we walk through difficult times (as Christians we are under attack from the evil one: John 10:10) we will not fear. 2Timothy 1:7 (one of my favorite verses by the way) Every word in the chapter is powerful, but when you get to the word Forever, you are ready to jump out of your skin (like cheering at the end of a good movie). Read and be blessed.






No comments: