Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Well, here I am again. I'm sure I'll get the hang of this sooner or later and won't only blog once a week.
Again, you can go to my wife's blog (attached to this somewhere) and see the latest happenings with our Haiti adoption. I don't want to be an echo of her blog, but use this more to compliment her's.
I want to share a verse that has been on my heart this week. Romans 8:32 NASB. "He who did not spare His own Son but delivered Him over for us all, how will He not also with Him freely give us all things"? If He did that, don't you think that He will do this? Whatever that might be for you. Whatever you are struggling with or fear. He did not spare His own Son. Everything else is pale in comparison. A complimentory verse is Phillipians 4:6,7 NIV. "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God which transcends all understanding will guard your hearts and minds in Chris Jesus". I could go on and on with the verses, but to hold this thought, think about these two. Not only will he freely give, but he will also give peace to sustain us, above all understanding.
I would like to tie this in to our current adoption (even though I said I wouldn't talk about it here. I lied.) Our peace about our girls in Haiti, (even though we are extremely concerned about their health) comes from God's Word (see above) and our complete and utter dependence on Him, our adoptive Father. Okay, one more verse, Romans 8:15 NASB "For you have not received a spirit of slavery, leading to fear again but you have received a spirit of adoption as sons by which we cry out Abba Father"!
Get your bible out and read these verses for yourself. You will (not might) be blessed.

1 comment:

savvy said...

i read the 1st sentence on your blog, don't worry i've had my blog for over a year and i update mine only once every other month!
your daughter,
Savannah