Monday, December 29, 2008

Regarding the Picture, we couldn't see the floor for 3 days. Also I don't even think all of the kids in the picture are mine. Anyway we had a good time on Christmas Eve. Although with 5 girls and one girl cousin, I had a lot of Barbies to open (they package them now as though they were not meant to open). Melissa asked me for a pair of scissors and what do I bring her? My daily sharpened Old Timer with a massive intimitating blade, of course. After cutting 50 ties for each Barbie we were home free and the girls were in Barbie heaven. Let's not forget my manly 4yr old Noah and his almost life sized dump truck and Front end loader. My girls know better than to try to Barbie-ize him (Daddy will have none of that). By the way, if my wife tries to say I played with the Dump truck and Front end loader on her blog, it's true.
Great news and praise be to God. We recieved a large gift towards our Haiti Adoption which allows us to keep the ball rolling and gets us closer to bringing our precious girls home (you think we had a lot of barbies this year, wait until Djounela and Vanessa are home). My wife's blog has more details.
I want to leave with posting a verse that is key in living the Christian life and us really being who we say we are, followers of Christ. Mark 8:34-38 NIV 34 "If anyone would come after me, he must deny himself and take up his cross and follow me. 35 For whoever wants to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for me and for the gospel will save it. 36 What good is it for a man to gain the whole world, yet forfiet his soul? 37 Or what can a man gain in exchange for his soul? 38 If anyone is ashamed of me and my words in this adulterous and sinful generation, the Son of Man will be ashamed of him when He comes into His Father's glory with the holy angles." As our Pastor put it yesterday, everything we posses in this world will be burned up, cars, houses, things. These are all temporary. Our souls are eternal. The question is where will we spend eternity? Also read Galatians 2:20. The key here is that we were living for ourselves before we were saved. I, me, get what I can get. The person that dies with the most stuff wins. No the person that dies with the most stuff is dead. God created us for one purpose. To have fellowship with him. When we deny ourself and acknowledge Him then we are honoring Him for who He truly is, our King, Savior, Lord, Master, Provider, Warrior and much much more. Seek Him and you will find Him.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi,Liked reading your blog you have a nice blog.Thanks for shareing :).Wishing you well