Wednesday, December 3, 2008


For some reason, most of the blogs I read are from women. Maybe it's not viewed as manly to Blog. Iv'e never had a problem with that misconception so here I am entering into the blog thing.
The reason for my interest is two fold. 1. I want to spread awareness about adoption and specifically Haiti. 2. To give glory to God.
If you don't have a bible handy here is the verse that is in the blog name. Isaiah 54:2 (NIV) "Enlarge the place of your tent, stretch your tent curtains wide, do not hold back; lengthen your cords, strengthen your stakes." This verse and the ones surrounding it have been an inspirit ion to us since our first adoption almost 13 years ago. Fast forward to the present and we have Adopted 6 and are currently working on 7 and 8. The two beautiful sisters we are in the process of adopting are from Haiti and they are severely undernourished. My wife and I are completely trusting in the Lord for this long process to come to completion. Hebrews 11:6 (NIV) "And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him."
My wife has blogged about this extensively, so I won't repeat everything. If I figure out how to put links to other blogs on here, I'll put hers. I'm not long winded so that is all for now. Whoever reads this (if anybody) thanks for bearing with me.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love you man!!!

Your other half

Anonymous said...

Way to go Daddy!
Love,
Savannah

Pete and Mare said...

Congratulations on your blog! Isaiah 54:2 is beautiful! Thank you for sharing! Happy Holidays!

liesel said...

My husband has a blog too. And it is a manly one. :) I'm always glad to see husbands sharing about adoption!!!

Our Story: Continued said...

Great blog! :) We need more man-blogs! You have a beautiful family!