Friday, April 9, 2010

Are you Saved?







Easter egg hunt at Mimi's house. Top picture see how full Changlais bag is? Uh, we had to redistribute a few. What a beautiful and warm day (mid 80's) as you can probably tell by the bare feet.
If you answer the question, Are you saved, with "I don't know" or "I think I am" then Houston we have a problem. It is a yes or no question. John 5:24 (NASB) "Truly, truly I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgement, but has passed out of death into life". I am a simple person, so I like verses like this that spell it out clearly. It doesn't say we might have eternal life but that we will. Also, 1 John 5:11,12 "And the testimony is this, that God has given us eternal life, and this life is in His Son. 12) He who has the Son has the life; he who does not have the Son of God does not have the life".
Again, simply put so that even someone like me could understand. So there should be a moment in time that you can recall where you said "God, I have sinned against you and for that I am sorry and I now turn from my sin and turn to you (repentance)." This is found in Romans 10:9,10 That if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved; 10) for with the heart a person believes, resulting in righteousness, and with the mouth he confesses, resulting in salvation.
If you can't remember doing this, my friend you are not saved and will spend eternity in hell. This is the death the verses above speak of. You can turn to Him this very second. Please get on your knees wherever you are and pray the prayer in the upper right hand corner of this page. If you are tired of your old life and want a new one. 2 Corinthians 5:17 Therefore if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creature, the old things passed away; behold, new things have come.
Jude 25 to the only God our Savior, through Jesus Christ our Lord, be glory, majesty, dominion and authority, before all time and now and forever. Amen.



1 comment:

Meltmomma said...

Looks like a great Easter egg hunt :)Lots of fun !
Bambi