Thursday, March 25, 2010

Salvation





Izzy calls Schneider her little brother even though he has two years on her.
Have you ever given your life to Christ? Do you know what that means? Are there trials in your life? Are or have you been through a rough time? Do you know that God wants to carry those burdens for you? His word say’s in Matthew 11:28-30 Come to Me, all who are weary and heavy-laden, and I will give you rest. 29) Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30) For My yoke is easy and My burden is light.
You might say “hey I want that” but it sounds too good to be true. Well it does, but it is true. Let’s look at the first part of the verse, “Come to Me”. Who is Jesus speaking to? You if you have ever been weary or burdened (pretty much everybody). Ok, how do I come to him? I’m glad you asked. First you have to admit that you are a sinner in need of forgiveness. Romans 3:23 “For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God.” All means all and that’s all all means. Next let’s look at Romans 6:23 “ For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.” So you have sinned, and because of that you are sentenced to die. Do you agree? If you do, let’s look at what you have to do to receive the free gift of eternal life. Here’s a shocker, nothing. How can that be? Romans 5:8”But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.” Also John 3:16 “For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life.” The penalty was required because of our sin and paid by Jesus Christ on the cross. How could He do that? 2 Corinthians 5:21 “He made Him who know no sin to be sin on our behalf, so that we might become the righteousness of God in Him.” Not only does He do all of that because He loves us, He also pursues us. Revelation 3:20 “Behold I stand at the door and knock; if anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and will dine with him, and he with Me.” This is fellowship with us, His creation.
Please read these verses again and soak up what God’s perfect word say’s. We deserve death, but God because of his love for us (you) He has sent his only son to the cross so we would have eternal life with Him. Again, what do we have to do for this? John 5:24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes in Him who sent Me has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.” And Ephesians 2:8,9 “For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; 9) not as a result of works, so that no one may boast.” The answer is believe in Him. 1 John 5:11, 12 And the testimony is this, that God has given us eternal life, and this life is in His Son. 12) He who has the Son has the life; he who does not have the Son of God does not have the life.
Now I ask you, what is stopping you from receiving the Son right now? Good, Romans 10:9,10 say’s “that if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved; 10) for with the heart a person believes, resulting in righteousness, and with the mouth he confesses, resulting in salvation.
Let’s do that right now. Pray this prayer with me: “Dear Lord, I am a sinner and I ask you now for forgiveness for the sins I have committed against you. Please come into my heart and cleanse me from the inside out. Thank you for sending Your Son to die on the cross for me and washing away my sins. From this day forward I will follow you, please show me how to do that. Thank you.”


3 comments:

Meltmomma said...

Your boys always have the greatest smiles !
Bambi

Tia said...

Thanks for the reminder. Love the pics. Such handsome boys!

Pete and Mare said...

Beautiful message so close to Easter. Happy Easter to all of you! The boys are so happy! What a blessing!~ Mare