Thursday, June 25, 2009

These boy's were so affectionate and quick to hug or snuggle (that is Schneider in the picture). Changlais snuggled next to me the last night and rubbed the back of my ear until I thought I smelled smoke. It was quite a change from last trip when the girls that we lost were sickly and weak. They didn't want to be held for long and they didn't want to be put down. The youngest was struggling (4yrs old and 13 lbs.) and miserable the whole time. Don't get me wrong, We loved it because they were our girls (at the time) and we felt privileged to care for them and love on them. We will always love them and cherish the time we spent with them. This trip, we got to meet our boy's for the first time and they took to us right away. Pretty early on the first day they started calling us Ma Ma and Pa Pa (we loved that) and were full of energy. Changlais reminded us of our Noah (who is about the same age) because they both have enough energy to power an aircraft carrier. It was hard to say goodbye. Changlais did not understand what was happening when we put him in the van and we did not get in. He did a double take, saying with his expression "Aren't you coming too"? We will be back my sons. Hang in there.
I usually let my wife tell about our Haiti adoption on her blog, but I figured that after this trip we could double team for a few posts.
A Scripture to leave you with Psalm 24:1 (NLT) "The earth is the Lord's and everything in it. The world and all it's people belong to him".

No comments: