Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Adoption Part 2

Changlais and Schneider, hurry up and come home so we can play.

We were visiting a church this past Sunday and they had a visiting pastor. He is involved with a children's ministry that gives them opportunities that they wouldn't otherwise have. (something like that, I didn't hear all of the details) Anyway what I heard that got my attention, was when he said that he had been asked to be involved with a prison ministry and he said that he felt like that was not his thing but the children ministry was. When I think about adoption, I think there are Christians that say the same thing. For example "So and so adopted and I think that is wonderful, but that is not our calling". I say that just as Matthew 28:18-20 (the Great Commission) is for all believers, so is James 1:27. I'm not saying that all believers should adopt (wouldn't that be nice), but I am saying that all believers should be involved with caring for orphans and widows. When you get involved and are exposed to what an orphan goes through, physically as well as mentally, how can you not be swept away with compassion and passion and love.

1 comment:

Pete and Mare said...

haiti has changed so much. i started out to serve, but they have changed everything in me for the better. they are the gift. i am so excited for you two to be with your sweet boys in haiti, not too long now.~marilee