Monday, April 20, 2009

You know that I am standing behind Melissa (who is taking the picture), making faces that I would deny if ever accused.

Psalm 73:25-28 (NASB) 25 Whom have I in heaven but You? And besides You, I desire nothing on earth. 26 My flesh and my heart may fail, But God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. 27 For, behold, those who are far from You will perish; You have destroyed all those who are unfaithful to You. 28 But as for me, the nearness of God is my Good; I have made the Lord God my refuge, That I may tell of all Your works.
The nearness of God is my good. Think about that. Does this mean that when God is not near, that we are bad. John 15:5 "I am the vine, you are the branches; he who abides in Me and I in him, he bears much fruit, for apart from Me you can do nothing. You might be good in Man's eyes for doing good deeds and being generally nice to people. To God, the only way we can be good is to be near to him. The last part says "That I may tell of all Your works". This is what God has laid on my heart, as well as gifted me in the area of evangelism. My desire is to truly live every day for Him and reach the lost, and care for the Orphan (James 1:27). If you don't have the Joy of knowing Christ as your personal Lord and Savior, or do not have joy at all, please choose a relationship with him right now (Upper right hand corner of this blog). His joy is eternal.

No comments: