Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Daniel

Posers.


I have been reading Daniel lately and if you haven't read it in a while, or ever, I highly recommend it. In chapter 10, Daniel fasts and prays for 3 weeks concerning the vision in Chapter 9. Chapter 10:10-14 (NASB) Then behold, a hand touched me and set me trembling on my hands and knees. 11 He said to me, "O Daniel, man of high esteem, understand the words that I am about to tell and stand upright, for I have now been sent to you." And when he had spoken this word to me, I stood up trembling. 12 Then he said to me, "Do not be afraid, Daniel, for from the first that you set your heart on understanding this and on humbling yourself before your God, your words were heard, and I have come in response to your words. 13 "But the prince of the kingdom of Persia was withstanding me for twenty-one days; then behold, Michael, one of the chief princes, came to help me, for I had been left there with the kings of Persia. 14 "Now I have come to give you an understanding of what will happen to your people in the latter days, for the vision pertains to the days yet future." So God sent an answer to Daniel's prayer immediately, but the messenger was in battle with Satan's forces (the prince of the kingdom of Persia) for 21 days. Do you pray and think God does not hear you because you do not get an answer right away. Ephesians 6:12 say's "For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the powers, against the world forces of this darkness, against the spiritual forces of wickedness in the heavenly places." We don't see the spiritual battle but we know it exists and we know that God has defeated Satan, when Jesus conquered death on the cross. Know that God hears you and he will answer you even though His messenger may be detained. God fights for you in a heavenly realm the we cannot see. Be glad brother or sister, that you can't. Read Daniel and be encouraged.



No comments: