Friday, November 27, 2009

Burning Fire

My two posers Iz and El.

Jeremiah 20:9 (NASB) But if I say "I will not remember Him or speak anymore in His name," then in my heart it becomes like a burning fire shut up in my bones: and I am weary of holding it in, and I cannot endure it.
James 1:27 has that effect on me. "Pure and undefiled religion in the sight of our God and Father is this: to visit orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself unstained by the world."
Listen, caring for orphans is more than a good deed, more than a humanitarian act, more than feeling good about yourself, it is Pure and Undefiled religion in the sight of our God and Father. If you are reading this and know Christ as your Lord and Savior, please do something to care for orphans and widows. What, you might ask? You can adopt a child (many different scenarios), you can assist financially (someone you know who is adopting), Foster care, go on mission trip to help at an orphanage, etc. When your eyes are opened to the reality of orphans, their living conditions in 3rd world countries, their neglect (including in our own country), helplessness, you should feel as I do and James 1:27 becomes like a burning fire shut up in your bones. Wake up and help one or more of the 143 million orphans in the world. For most people orphans are out of sight out of mind. Let your heart burn as mine does and speak forth as loud and as often as you can about the need for people to step up and live out James 1:27.

2 comments:

melissa peterson said...

That's what I'm talking about!!
Amen and Amen!

Pete and Mare said...

Very true! I pray that everyone will open their hearts and help these sweet angels.